Monday 5 October 2009

Gay Beach

In visiting London for a few days over the summer I acquired myself this tee from American Apparel on the simple premise that I like how it looks and I like how it fits.


Designed by Will Work for Good, I was mainly attracted to the central monotone figure that in combination with the two vibrant spot colours creates a very simple, yet effective composition. What's more I was also drawn in by the nostalgic feeling conveyed via the half toning effect often associated with vintage imagery.

The concept behind the design was aimed to be a 'one-off' special for a nice chap called Ted who presents a Viva Radio show in America titled 'Gay Beach'. To reference WWFG themselves:

"The design is slightly inspired by Beverley Hills 90210. We kinda felt like Ted was exposing too much and a thick streak of Zinka was in order".

Zinka being a waterproof brand of sunscreen...

Either way, the main point here was how the colour limitation and approach to the concept had been addressed. I'm sure you will see me wearing this around a lot. Enjoy.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment