Friday 9 October 2009

Canteen

Over the summer break I managed to pop down to London town to visit a friend and also have a cheeky meal at their place of employment - Canteen. It's a British restaurant that specializes in classic British food that your casual tourist would expect us to eat every day of the week. Either way this book about the source ingredients caught my eye for its vintage appearance and consequently I have been wanting to document it ever since. Looks quite like an authentic ration book wouldn't you say?

The main thing that I like about this book is the design of the page layout and the relationship that the type has alongside image. The compositions seem to flow effortlessly and allow your eye glance across without having to do any real work. This in my opinion is how a publication should be.

Furthermore the typeface choices themselves are also particularly effective, especially the bold, upper case sections of Futura.

In relation to my design for print brief, the format and layout are the two main aspects that I may draw influence from as they are highly successful and work well given the context.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment