Friday 16 October 2009

Macdonald and Thompson

Linking in to my initial ideas for the second part of the What is Good? briefing, I came across these two business cards today during the stocks and substrates seminar with Justin. Although they were aimed to detail what stocks are available to print on, as well as print finishes and paper coatings I mainly wanted to highlight aspects regarding layout... so I swiped them for photographing.

The main characteristic for me was how in both examples the type is set and aligned to the left hand side. Naturally this could be due to the way our culture reads from left to right, but perhaps if you consider that when a right handed person holds the card they also need to read it then you might see what I am trying to get at.

With business cards being a possible outlet for my What is Good? resolution, I feel that the typographical layout may be a strong design element that I need to address given that my focus is to promote and celebrate being left handed.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment